"Act so as to keep the mind clear, its judgment trustworthy" - Dickson G. Watts, author of Speculation As A Fine Art And Thoughts On Life. [A brief summary here (link)]

Saturday, June 19, 2010

happy fathers day!

I attended this class back in October, the week before my second son was born, and won a door prize for being the expectant father with the nearest due date. It's a great, informative, positive program that I'd recommend to any expectant fathers you may know. I've since been back a couple times as a 'veteran' together with my son to share my own experience with the new 'recruits'. Anyhow, the program hosted a big event today in honor of fathers day and I thought I'd share a couple poinant quotes:

"Slow down and live today like you're dying. Because you are. You just don't know the rate at which you're dying or the expiration date."

Advice to your child when they stop thinking you know everything: "The older you get, the smarter I'll get".