"Act so as to keep the mind clear, its judgment trustworthy" - Dickson G. Watts, author of Speculation As A Fine Art And Thoughts On Life. [A brief summary here (link)]

Thursday, January 13, 2011

new year


Not that I was ever a prolific writer, but now that my one year of blogging has been accomplished (last year's resolution), there will be fewer, more sporadic posts going forward. Perhaps a wrap up, bare bones summary of my investing philosophy as it stands at this point in my life, but otherwise probably just random stuff I think my friends may find useful. Too bad my other resolutions weren't achieved (ahem,exercise,cough).

By the way, as previously mentioned was my intention, I've moved my real brokerage accounts over to folioinvesting.com and will henceforth occasionally share those actual results (e.g. the chart above). So far so good. Once I submitted the account transfer requests online, my retirement funds were moved from my employer (a large bank) over to folio in less than a week. Then, in about 60 seconds, I submitted orders for each of my IRA, Roth IRA, and Taxable Accounts to purchase the 100 stocks in my model portfolio and it was done the next day with $0 commissions (but you have to pay a $290 annual fee to get all you can trade for free). Next step may be to get the wifey to transfer hers and then see how well the platform really works for someone who wants to easily mimic someone else's model portfolio.